25 September 2010

"Gas, Boy!"

The Gasboy brand was adopted in 1928 when William M. Wilson's Sons, Inc., of Lansdale, PA, made their first pump. William had founded Wilson's right back in 1819. For over an hundred years the company specialised in painting, glazing and wholesale distribution. It became a distributor of steel drums in the early 1900s, and in the early 1920s moved into 'gas' dispensing equipment. This 1970s commercial pump, a Model 57L, with keyholes for up to 20 users, looks good for its new glass sight and aluminium fascia, the latter fabricated by Andy Smith. Just needs an hose.

No comments: